Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Human Face of God .......................... !!

On 1st April, worldover, when normally the people celebrate April Fools Day, I experienced a very touching and unforgettable event ..... It was an infusion in the belief of existence of goodness in the world... in Humanity ...... !! It happened to me at the most crucial time when I was almost losing faith in Hope and Positive Thinking ....

I hailed a cab from CST to Nariman Point for an interview ... 5 mins into the journey and I was wondering if the cabbie is deliberately taking a longer route .... My interview was scheduled for 9:30 and it was already 9:15.....I had to be there atleast 15 -30 mins in advance as a mark of punctuality .... hope there were not many signals .......... etc ..... Amongst some such dozen thoughts, the taxi came to a halt. On not finding the venue where I was to appear for an interview, I told the cabbie to take me as close as possible to the place.... “Yeh hi to hain, maloom nahi hain kyaa?” said the driver.... 'Nahi' I said, out of anger and a tone of mockery to avoid spoiling the mood of the purpose I was there for.... “To fir tumko ghumana chahiye tha” he said as if making fun of innocent people like me was very normal ...'Kyun ??? Mera interview hain abhi ' !! I emphasised .....

'Ohh !!! to bataanaa chahiye tha na, mein short cut leta thaa.... All the Best !!! 100 % success to you !!! ' With this, all my anger melted away ...... all thoughts of what was to come next between us disappeared....... “I am seeing a South Indian taxi driver for the first time ' I said ... “ Bhagwan ne bheja hain hum logoko tum jaise logon ke liye... he was quick to reply ...... “Thank you, have a nice day' , I managed to say though I was almost speechless...... “ Come again Madam” he said ... Exchanging smiles, I paid the fare and left. Waiting in the lobby I was thinking, was He really God-sent ??!!!! Oh Yes !!! That day was Tuesday .... The day of the Lord who removes Obstacles.... Lord Ganesha ..... He sent an Ambassador to wish me Luck ... This is what I have been harboring till now, although I havn't got a call from the company yet. There is no harm in believing He was God-sent !! ......

He was the Human Face of God !!!

No comments: